Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, hot and sour soup. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Hot and Sour Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Hot and Sour Soup is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
The traditional hot and sour soup recipe call for Chinese dry shiitake mushroom. Soak the mushrooms in water until it is fully hydrated and become very soft and easy to cut. The time required varies from an hour to two or three hours, as it depends on the thickness of the mushrooms.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have hot and sour soup using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Hot and Sour Soup:
- Get 4 Dried Chinese fungi (1 oz) wood ears or cloud ears (in produce dept.)
- Take 2 Tbsp canola oil
- Prepare 1 ” piece of ginger, peeled ad grated
- Make ready 2-3 Tbsp red chili paste, sambal oelek
- Take 8 oz. button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- Prepare 1 small can water chestnuts, sliced and drained
- Get 1/2 cup canned bamboo shoots, drained
- Prepare 1/4 lb. shredded pork or chicken
- Get 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Make ready 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Get 1 tsp salt
- Get 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Get 1 tsp ground white pepper
- Make ready Pinch sugar
- Get 2 quarts chicken stock, hot
- Take 1 square firm tofu, drained as cut into 1/4” strips
- Make ready 3 Tbsp cornstarch w/ 1/4 cup water
- Take 1 large egg beaten
- Prepare Chopped green onion and cilantro for garnish
Common key ingredients in the American Chinese version include bamboo shoots, toasted sesame oil. Savoury, spicy, sour and hearty, Hot and Sour Soup is completely addictive! This recipe stacks up to the best Chinese restaurants. Hot and Sour soup is a Chinese soup that's savoury, spicy and tangy.
Instructions to make Hot and Sour Soup:
- In a small bowl add the dried mushrooms and pour boiling water over them let sit at least 15-29 minutes to rehydrate. Drain and cut into strips
- In large pot put chicken stock to heat up.
- Heat wok or large skillet with sides. Add the oil to heat on medium high.
- To the hot oil add the finger, chili paste, wood ears, button mushrooms, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and meat. Cook for 1 minute to infuse flavors.
- Next combine soy sauce, vinegars, salt, red pepper flakes, white pepper and sugar. Pour into pan and stir everything together. Will smell amazing!
- Add in the hot chicken stock, bring to boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in tofu and cook for 3 minutes m
- Combine cornstarch and water to make a slurry. Add to soup and simmer until it thickens.
- Remove pot from heat and with a spoon swirl soup in 1 direction and add in beaten egg which should cook immediately. Stir to blend egg.
- Serve soup topped with garnish.
The broth is thickened and it's filled with mushrooms, tofu, bamboo shoots and silky egg ribbons. Hot and Sour Soup, Quick & Simple Recipes, CiCi Li - Asian Home Cooking Recipes. Hot and sour soup can be found on any takeout menu or Chinese buffet line in the US. It ranges in quality and flavor from awesomely delicious to lukewarm, tasteless, and gloopy. There was a time when I never thought to make it myself and resigned myself to the luck of the draw when it came to ordering it.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food hot and sour soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!