Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, mashed potato souffle pie. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Mashed potato souffle pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Mashed potato souffle pie is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Mashed Potato Pie Perfect for leftover Thanksgiving Mashed potatoes but delicious enough to cause you to make a fresh batch! Are you ready for the best savory pie?? This Mashed Potato Pie is so good, you won't wait for leftover potatoes to make it!
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook mashed potato souffle pie using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Mashed potato souffle pie:
- Prepare yellow potatoes
- Make ready of bread crumbs(i use progresso,either plain or italian)
- Get of butter (to go in the mashed potatoes)
- Get of butter (to go on top of the pie before it goes in the oven)
- Get egg
- Take ground meat filling
- Get ground beef filling
- Get of ground beef
- Prepare chopped onions(white, or yellow)
- Make ready salt
- Prepare black pepper
- Get ground cinnamon
- Take vegetable oil
- Take pine cone seeds (optional)
Spread half of the mashed potatoes over the cooled cracker crust, about ¼-inch in thickness. Cover mashed potatoes with a layer of cheddar cheese, making sure to save some for the top. Instant potato flakes are the basis of this amazing Mashed Potato Soufflé. Who knew instant potato flakes could be the basis of such an amazing dish?
Instructions to make Mashed potato souffle pie:
- Start by washing the potatoes and boiling them.
- After the potatoes are cooked, wash them again, and peel them. You could either put the potatoes in a food processor or mash them up with a fork.
- Add salt and eggs(1egg for every 2lbs of potatoes) to mashed potatoes.
- In a non sticking pan, spread the 4tbs of butter and sprinkle half of the bread crumbs(1/2 cup) on the bottom of the pan.
- Divide mashed potatoes into 2 halves. Spread the first half of the mashed potatoes right on top of the bread crumbs.
- Spread the meat filling on top of the mashed potatoes.
- Spread the 2nd half of the mashed potatoes on top of the meat filling.
- Sprinkle the rest of the bread crumbs (1/2 a cup) on top of the mashed potatoes.
- Then place the rest of the butter on top of the bread crumbs.
- Bake pie for 20-25mins or untill crumbs turn to a golden color (375degrees fh.)
- Ground beef filling: add a 1/4 of a cup of veg. Oil to a pan. Then add your two onions(chopped).
- After the onions are cooked, add the ground beef and a pinch of salt. Mix all together and then Cook mixture until the water from the ground beef evaporates.
- Add the rest of the spices (pepper+cinnamon) and your pine cone seeds(if using any) . Mix everything together. And put the mixture on the side for 5-10Mins to cool down.
It's really something of a faux-fflé–technically not a soufflé, but you get the same puff-tacular results without even having to whip egg. Chef Sarah Mastracco shows Martha Stewart how to make one of her family's favorite holiday sides: mashed-potato souffle. Brought to you by Martha Stewart. Stir garlic powder, eggs, Parmesan and one cup of the mozzarella into prepared potatoes. Add the butter and a pinch of salt to the potatoes.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food mashed potato souffle pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!