Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, jamaican banana fritters. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Jamaican Banana Fritters is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Jamaican Banana Fritters is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Creamy bananas mixed with flour, milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg make a special Jamaican treat. Banana Fritters is the classic way that Jamaicans use all those bananas growing in the neighborhood. These Banana Fritters are a delicious way to use up your ripe bananas.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook jamaican banana fritters using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Jamaican Banana Fritters:
- Take 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- Make ready 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Get 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Prepare 3 tbsp brown sugar
- Get 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Take pinch salt
- Make ready 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Get 2 tbsp oil (for pan frying)
- Make ready 1 granulated sugar for sprinkling when done
It is a cross between a donut and mini pancakes. The weekends are made for pancakes in my house. Saturday morning are banana fritters central. I have been making these for the kids since they were babies.
Instructions to make Jamaican Banana Fritters:
- Mash and mix all ingredients together (except oil)
- Heat oil in pan, and pan fry fritters like you would pancakes.
- If the batter doesn't ooze out it means they're done.
- Set on paper towel to drain and sprinkle with sugar while hot (so it's sticks to the fritter)
- note, you can add more or less of each ingredient to your taste. They are supposed to be dense little guys (as there is no egg) but delish alone or with ice cream enjoy! !
For me, snacks like banana fritters are nostalgic. It brings back wonderful memories of growing up in Jamaica enjoying the best homemade meals. As a child, my mother made banana fritters for the family for breakfast, lunch, dinner or supper. Looking back, banana fritters has always been my favourite comfort food. My Ma (grandma) has been making these banana fritters for me all my life and she's never given the recipe out to any one but me!
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food jamaican banana fritters recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!