Hey everyone, it is Carrillo, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, filipino chicken adobo with white rice. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice is one of the most popular of current viral meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have filipino chicken adobo with white rice using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice:
- Make ready Chicken and marinade
- Make ready boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Get garlic cloves
- Take soy sauce
- Take + 2 tbs white vinegar
- Get bay leaves
- Make ready For cooking
- Take Canola oil
- Prepare garlic cloves, minced
- Get small onion diced
- Make ready water
- Make ready brown sugar
- Make ready whole black pepper
- Get Toppings
- Take green onions, sliced
Steps to make Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice:
- Combine Chicken and Marinade ingredients in a bowl. Marinate for at least 20 minutes, or up to overnight2 green onion, sliced
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet over high heat. Remove chicken from marinade (reserve marinade) and place in the pan. Sear both sides until browned – about 1 minute on each side. Do not cook the chicken all the way through.
- Remove chicken skillet and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in skillet. Add garlic and onion, cook 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add the reserved marinade, water, sugar and black pepper. Bring it to a simmer then turn heat down to medium high. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add chicken smooth side down. Simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes (no need to stir), turning chicken at around 15 minutes, until the sauce reduces down to a thick jam-like syrup.
- If the sauce isn't thick enough, remove chicken onto a plate and let the sauce simmer by itself - it will thicken much quicker - then return chicken to the skillet to coat in the glaze.
- Coat chicken in glaze then serve over rice.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food filipino chicken adobo with white rice recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this site in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading, I hope this webpage becomes “the place to be” when it comes to filipino chicken adobo with white rice cooking. Go on get cooking!